The inverter is an essential part of a solar system for a house. It tales the raw DC electricity from the solar panels and turns it into the type of AC power that is used in the household electrical supply.
Inverters and solar power systems Perth
Inverters come in many sizes and types. Often the size, the power rating, is less than the rating on the solar panels because not all the solar energy is used at once. Perhaps half the energy is stored in the batteries to use at night. There are also two main type of inverter used with solar systems: the standard type that converts DC voltage from the photovoltaic solar Cells (PV inverter), and the hybrid inverter.
A hybrid inverter, sometimes called a multi –mode inverter) will take inputs from both the solar cell supply and the storage batteries. It may also take an input from the main electricity grid. Depending on the circumstances, depending if the solar cells are providing a lot of energy on a sunny day, the inverter will choose to charge the batteries, supply power to the house, or perhaps use mains powers. Some are even set up to feed power back into the main grid, should the situation make that worthwhile.
(This refers to hybrid inverters in the home. Hybrid inverters in industrial applications or used with wind turbines are a different type of machine).
Comparing Inverter solar packages Perth
Standard PV Inverters
• Reliable, tested technology.
• Moderately priced.
• Many different manufacturers
• Won’t choose most efficient option, it just converts whatever energy it is supplied.
• Chooses to use stored battery energy or direct solar. Will choose the best way to be efficient under different circumstances.
• Can be installed without batteries, with latter expansion.
• Technology has proved fairly reliable over the past few years.
• Expandable, but not really modular.
• More expensive than basic PV inverters
• Not quite as efficient as a simple PV converter under ideal conditions, but makes good compromise decisions under all other circumstances.
Solar installer in Perth.
Consult the professionals and have a solar system that quietly provides all your home power needs.